by Doug Harper - Teaser betting can be very profitable when done correctly. You must remain patient and take advantage of opportunities when betting a teaser. Teaser betting should be part of any good bettor's arsenal, but not the major focus. Stay disciplined and keep your basic teaser betting strategy in mind when looking at your plays each week.
Teaser betting should be limited to 2 or 3 team teasers:
- 2 team teaser- allows a 6 point line adjustment in each game, but you MUST win both games.
- 3 team teaser- allows a 10 point line adjustment in each game, but you MUST win all 3 games.
Teaser betting has been around for a long time because its a sucker bet for casual players. It's also a loser betting teasers on college football. So play it smart, and stay away from college games.
Teaser betting has a successful basic strategy that can be used to consistently earn a profit year after year. Sportsbooks have caught on, so you have to remain patient and use teasers to boost your profit from time to time.
Teaser betting comes down to 4 specific winning situations, stick with them and you will win in the long run.
2 Team Teaser Betting
- Move favorites of -8.5, -8 and -7.5 down to -2.5, -2 and -1. Crossing both magic numbers of 7 and 3 points.
- Move underdogs of +2.5, +2 and +1.5 up to +8.5, +8 and +7.5. Crossing both magic numbers again from the opposite side.
3 Team Teaser Betting
- Move favorites of -12, -11.5, -11 and -10.5 down to -2, -1.5, -1 and -.5. Crossing the magic numbers of 10, 7 and 3 points.
- Move underdogs of +2.5, +2, +1.5 and +1 up to +12.5, +12, +11.5, and +11. Crossing the magic numbers of 10, 7 and 3 points.
Teaser betting strategy should always include crossing the numbers 3 and 7, and any sound teaser betting strategy should never include or cross 0.
Teaser betting canditates are posted on the blog weekly.